Bioflames.com Forum Index Bioflames.com
Biohazard 2 : Prototype Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's over?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Supercesare

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: It's over? Reply with quote

Hi guys! (Just to give life to this forum)what is the actual situation of biohazard 1.5? After curator's video, no other information released.Actually, we got 3 alpha build of bio1,but no sign of 1.5.The question is: There's a possibility that the game,or a video, a screeshot will ever be released?? We got no contact of someone who got this game at the moment?(of couse not, but just to know your opinion Wink )
Gorehound

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sure the community get the game one day but we have to wait. moreover, we have no chance to get this game earlier and we got no new(unknown) information since curator.

check mails, boards and live your life, thats all what we can do. Smile

//edit i heard the resident evil builds cost 1000-2000 dollar and 1.5 cost more than 4000 dollar. this is a lot of money for a game like this.
Alzaire

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were going to pay $5000 for 1.5 in 2007, but as Dot50 explained in his situation report at the time, the game was sold to the seller's friend for only $300. Realistically though, if it is ever sold to the public or another collector, it'll probably not be for as low as $300 haha.

Anyway, people don't seem to understand there is -no- way to predict this kind of stuff. Some people have given up, want to believe it'll never happen. Some people haven't given up. It's really just up to the person. However, anyone that follows the overall scene of betas/protos/rare gaming industry collecting should understand how unpredictable it can be. 1.5 being up for sale again or getting released at some point may or may not happen, you never know. Unreleased and rare stuff pop up all the time, most unexpectedly. This includes rare stuff. Atari, NES, old stuff. Yeah, it's been 14+ years since 1.5's development, but it means little. It popped up in 1999/2000 and again in 2007. There is more than one source with builds.

So, who knows? It may sit in collector hands forever. It may not. We may all be playing it in a few years. It's not over unless you just decide you're done. Otherwise, just time will tell.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really isn't anything left of 1.5 to talk about that hasn't already been discussed.

All we can do is simply wait for new information to surface or for a viable source with the game to come forward to the community with open arms.
kevstah2004

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alzaire wrote:
We were going to pay $5000 for 1.5 in 2007, but as Dot50 explained in his situation report at the time, the game was sold to the seller's friend for only $300. Realistically though, if it is ever sold to the public or another collector, it'll probably not be for as low as $300 haha.

Anyway, people don't seem to understand there is -no- way to predict this kind of stuff. Some people have given up, want to believe it'll never happen. Some people haven't given up. It's really just up to the person. However, anyone that follows the overall scene of betas/protos/rare gaming industry collecting should understand how unpredictable it can be. 1.5 being up for sale again or getting released at some point may or may not happen, you never know. Unreleased and rare stuff pop up all the time, most unexpectedly. This includes rare stuff. Atari, NES, old stuff. Yeah, it's been 14+ years since 1.5's development, but it means little. It popped up in 1999/2000 and again in 2007. There is more than one source with builds.

So, who knows? It may sit in collector hands forever. It may not. We may all be playing it in a few years. It's not over unless you just decide you're done. Otherwise, just time will tell.

I still wait for c16 games, i'm it for the long run.
But tbh it's all down to people being greedy and selfish among private collectors and then them wanting to hike the price up.
But even i'm starting to loose faith, I think we've realistically got more chance of inventing a time machine and snatching it ourselfs.
MarkGrass

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There really isn't anything left of 1.5 to talk about that hasn't already been discussed.

this

Quote:
check mails, boards and live your life, thats all what we can do.

and this

Quote:
But tbh it's all down to people being greedy and selfish among private collectors and then them wanting to hike the price up.

While I obviously can't e-speak for every collector, your statement is completely unfounded. There's one thing You must realize, kevstah: reputations within the video game industry are potentially at risk with every prototype sale / release / leak. Long story short - people can lose their jobs and become blackballed within the industry. Who the hell wants to be the shitty asshole that gets someone else in that kind of trouble, thus, ruining their life? Certainly, not me, and I can't blame that to an act of greed and/or selfishness - it's human courtesy. Additionally, this applies to those who are in contact with people within the industry; connections can be severed and prototypes are lost forever (literally trashed or sold to 'curator-like' private collectors, who truly are greedy and plan no release, etc.).

The main factors to consider are non disclosure agreements, and most importantly, trust. Believe it or not, yes, they do exist, and yes, people do abide by their principles. I know of many people sitting on various prototypes for many different game systems that are both instructed and bound by NDA (or a simple trust-pact) to prevent leaks (read above paragraph, again). It's of no irony that most, if not all of these people actually do want everything they own to "be in the wild", even those who make others sign NDAs or agree to a trust-pact. No heroism / e-penis / "visit my website / blog / forum" / "give me your money" bullshit. After all, its not fun having something great if you can't enjoy it with the rest of the world. And that's been my personal dilemma since "I fell down the rabbit hole"...

...but again, trust-pacts and non disclosure agreements are something that some simply can't break, even if they are no longer affiliated with the original group(s) who fund such things and make releases actually happen. ;P

Bottom line: People really do mean well, but realistically, getting this stuff released can take a long time to accomplish, if ever (yet again, read the fist paragraph). So what it really is "all down to" is simply people protecting their job security and collectors protecting their interests, all while both respecting and protecting their source(s).
kevstah2004

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Business Opportunity Reply with quote

--
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bioflames.com Forum Index -> Biohazard 1.5 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: