Bioflames.com Forum Index Bioflames.com
Biohazard 2 : Prototype Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Theory About How The Final Beta Got Outside Of Capcom

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greedylicker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: My Theory About How The Final Beta Got Outside Of Capcom Reply with quote

For a while now, I have been wondering how a build of resident Evil 2 Beta (1.5) of this caliber got outside of capcom, because it was never shown in any events (To my knowage), so there was no window of oppertunity for the lowers (Renagade Employers, People involved with the events) to obtain it except the highers (Development Process, Directors and/or producers) yeah sure a friend of those (The Highers) are likely to obtain it, but I have a diffrent theory, there was infact a window of oppertunity for the final beta to pop out, and that was when the Biohazard complete disc was made. They needed to shoot footage of 1.5 so that used the final build to do it (I guess to make it look more presentable) so I believe that one of the coders for the complete disc project made a copy of that build that was being used to shoot the footage and made off with the final beta. now this may have been discussed before, but do you see if this is true we may be able to make the final beta pop out again!
now from what I heard capcom may be thinking in making a resident evil 2 remake, all regions may get different promotions accompying a release of a game of this caliber. What my theory is that people in europe (why europe? because when nintendo sent out rare prototypes of zelda OOT and MM they both got leaked with in 6 to 7 years after the promotion, so if games like this get released all looselly, there is a high chance it will happen for RE 1.5) appeal to capcom about a "resident evil 2 history" DVD or something simuler that includes the abilty to choose your footage clips like complete disc and include footage of the canned version with it (this is possible as it was done for the complete disc), because someone has to do the coding and record and put the footage in, just like nintendo, capcom will (Hopefully) send a final build of 1.5 to record footage from. what do you guys think?

Last edited by greedylicker on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Marvin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following is my thougts of your post.

Rather than arguing with you I point out that there are endless possiblities how beta will leak, and most of them is trough regular developers and testers. And how you determine a leak? Well, if it goes from collector to collektor, then it is not actually a leak, it is rather an artifact. This is the main issue of 1.5, it is very expensive item. Imagine RE 2 Beta 2, if only I would have it, and I show you some pics and 1.5 would be floating around like Inception movie, then you wouldnt give a damn about 1.5. You would beg for RE 2 Beta 2.

And about the release from Capcom. I am 99% sure it will never happen. There is high possibility that Capcom really doesn't have it at all anymore, although there might be some museum section or materials of old devs. The y won't release it because it is not matching the overall storieline and thats it. And I would give a damn about DS port with some facny 1.5 killing upgrade like shooting 10 Mr. X at same time in roof of 1.5 R.P.D.

To summarise up. Just wait and see. There is nothing much we can do at the moment. There are hunters of 1.5 around the world who has dealed with this thing over a decade. There is not even a point searching google for it. For instance I have python scripts that do a regular google and other search engine scan about 1.5. If something comes up I will be emailed. And rarely anything comes out of this that I already don't know.

If you are obsessive about 1.5 then only way to satisfy hunger is to collect all scans, images, videos around the net, sort them, archive them, analyse them, make personal notes, enjoy them! Thats all.

But to put optimistic tone back, I am very sure that leak will happen during the next 4-5 years. It is swapping hands more and more and its getting older and older... soon it will be like old mario cartridge, or as floppy image of windows 3.1 that not even official owners don't care if it floats around torrents...

// Marvin
Alzaire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final beta build that was the source of the exclusive images Inflames received was in the hands of a close friend of a Capcom JP employee. That one is unlikely to ever surface again.

The build that was shown by the Playstation Museum is the most likely version that will come to light one day. It was playable at E3 in Japan November 2-4, 1996. At least one copy of it got out from there and I've been told it probably wasn't the only one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow This came out negitively more then I would thought Sad
Marvin wrote:
Following is my thougts of your post.

Rather than arguing with you I point out that there are endless possiblities how beta will leak, and most of them is trough regular developers and testers. And how you determine a leak? Well, if it goes from collector to collektor, then it is not actually a leak, it is rather an artifact. This is the main issue of 1.5, it is very expensive item. Imagine RE 2 Beta 2, if only I would have it, and I show you some pics and 1.5 would be floating around like Inception movie, then you wouldnt give a damn about 1.5. You would beg for RE 2 Beta 2.

Sigh... I never stated what I said was fact, thats why I included words like maybe or hopefully, and also I never wanted 1.5 but beta version 1, I just tried help and start some conversation. Confused
Marvin wrote:
And about the release from Capcom. I am 99% sure it will never happen. There is high possibility that Capcom really doesn't have it at all anymore, although there might be some museum section or materials of old devs. The y won't release it because it is not matching the overall storieline and thats it. And I would give a damn about DS port with some facny 1.5 killing upgrade like shooting 10 Mr. X at same time in roof of 1.5 R.P.D.

I never said a direct release from them but more of a exposure of it Wink
Marvin wrote:
To summarise up. Just wait and see. There is nothing much we can do at the moment. There are hunters of 1.5 around the world who has dealed with this thing over a decade. There is not even a point searching google for it. For instance I have python scripts that do a regular google and other search engine scan about 1.5. If something comes up I will be emailed. And rarely anything comes out of this that I already don't know.

then I was right, this has been discussed before, sorry about that. Sad
Marvin wrote:
If you are obsessive about 1.5 then only way to satisfy hunger is to collect all scans, images, videos around the net, sort them, archive them, analyse them, make personal notes, enjoy them! Thats all.

Nothing of the sort, I would personally want beta 1 more, All I wanted to do was help or start converstation.

Marvin wrote:
But to put optimistic tone back, I am very sure that leak will happen during the next 4-5 years. It is swapping hands more and more and its getting older and older... soon it will be like old mario cartridge, or as floppy image of windows 3.1 that not even official owners don't care if it floats around torrents...

// Marvin

yeah from what i read on THIA Alzaire said it moves in europe about couple of months

Alzaire wrote:
The final beta build that was the source of the exclusive images Inflames received was in the hands of a close friend of a Capcom JP employee. That one is unlikely to ever surface again.

okay so I now know how it really got out, but still someone in the complete disc project had to have shoot the footage from the final beta, so there was a chance for exposure.
Alzaire wrote:
The build that was shown by the Playstation Museum is the most likely version that will come to light one day. It was playable at E3 in Japan November 2-4, 1996. At least one copy of it got out from there and I've been told it probably wasn't the only one.

I would rather leave the curator out of this.
Marvin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't mean to be rude, sorry for that. I know what you feel, been on that road. The hope is died in me Sad I am not in very great mood lately.

EDIT: I welcome you on starting conversation though. It has been too quiet lately here. Feel free to discuss about anything or ask, I will be more than happy to answer questions about 1.5, I am not as knowledgeable as Alzaire is, but there are things I know too Smile
Alzaire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mentioned the Curator. He's not the owner anyway and there's more copies of that build out there than the final build.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alzaire wrote:
Never mentioned the Curator. He's not the owner anyway and there's more copies of that build out there than the final build.

I hope it will and i hope we can get a "copy" for all of us.

Futhermore, on E3(Capcom), ECTS(Virgins Platform), TGS and V-Jump(both Capcom) were builds and they could floating around the earth, maybe.
greedylicker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvin wrote:
Didn't mean to be rude, sorry for that. I know what you feel, been on that road. The hope is died in me Sad I am not in very great mood lately.

EDIT: I welcome you on starting conversation though. It has been too quiet lately here. Feel free to discuss about anything or ask, I will be more than happy to answer questions about 1.5, I am not as knowledgeable as Alzaire is, but there are things I know too Smile

No problem Smile I when i wrote that I was in mood too, hope does not have to die, alzaire once said that there is a Circulating copy that is neaither in capcom's or the playstation musesem's hands.

Alzaire wrote:

yeah, sorry about that, I had gotten into an a arguement over the curator and the playstation muesem at THIA, I just assumed that anything curator related is a touchy subject. Yeah there must be more copies floating around as you said yourself that one is moving aorund. Very Happy
Gorehound wrote:
Alzaire wrote:

I hope it will and i hope we can get a "copy" for all of us.

Futhermore, on E3(Capcom), ECTS(Virgins Platform), TGS and V-Jump(both Capcom) were builds and they could floating around the earth, maybe.
I feel that because one is moving about, it is sure to show it's face again. Smile
Marvin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floating 1.5... where are you right now...
greedylicker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvin wrote:
floating 1.5... where are you right now...

I assume that you did not read the topic on The Horror is alive huh Smile , well in that topic alzaire explains to another user why 1.5 is sought after, alzaire also throws in that a copy is floating around, here i,ll fetch the topic for you. http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6332&page=12
it is the first post
Marvin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bioflames.com Forum Index -> Biohazard 1.5 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: