Bioflames.com Forum Index Bioflames.com
Biohazard 2 : Prototype Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The difference between 2's story and 1.5 - Your thoughts?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcw1234

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all Claire went to Racoon to look for Chris-not just random, and Leon started to the RPD for his 1st day....its not so far fetched is it.

Anette in 1.5 was only Williams GF,not his wife-so she isn't Sherry's mum..
Ada was originally named Linda who wasn't a spy for Wesker, but a Umbrella scientist like Annette-PROOF--Look @ the pc concept art.
Alzaire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcw1234 wrote:
First of all Claire went to Racoon to look for Chris-not just random, and Leon started to the RPD for his 1st day....its not so far fetched is it.

Ada was originally named Linda who wasn't a spy for Wesker, but a Umbrella scientist like Annette-PROOF--Look @ the pc concept art.

Yes, it is a bit far-fetched in general. Now, Claire wanting to get into town to find Chris is somewhat believable sure (especially if she -has- maybe heard strange stuff is going on in RC) The hard part to imagine is that she gets passed military barricades. However Claire probably knows RC a bit from visiting Chris, so I would believe it possible for her to know a back road the military might have missed, so hers is a little plausible. Perhaps she did intentionally dodge the barricades planning to get in no matter what, possibly expecting -something-. She did, afterall, have a knife strapped right to the front of her vest, which would be unusual for a civilian to just be casually strolling around with.

Leon, however, is just a bit silly. If it's his first day on the job, and he has to drive into RC, then he must be close by. While the military is probably not exactly telling everyone what's going on, if he's close enough then he should know something is going on and he would most likely be using the main roads which are supposed to be blocked by the military. Though there can be some arguments as to how Leon got in without knowing anything or being blocked, there are just as good reasons why they aren't very good. The fact is, Leon should have never made it into the city.

As for Annette in 1.5, she was still William's husband and Sherry was still her daughter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claire Redfield, coming into town to look for her brother Chris Redfield, character from the first game, on the day of the outbreak.

Leon Kennedy, first day on the job, coming into town on the day of the Outbreak.

Claire Redfield's brother works for the RPD. Leon works for the RPD.

Claire and Leon meet. (Why did Claire meet Leon as opposed to some other guy, or as opposed to an officer who has already been working for the RPD?)

Convenient isn't it? Rolling Eyes That is what I meant by far-fetched. What are the realistic odds of all that happening together?

(and RE2 is the day of the outbreak at the time RE2 was developed. RE3 changes the story by making the outbreak occur a day before.)
ronin_akikage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The outbreak does not occur on the day that RE2 is set at (I believe that would be Spetember 30th, St. Michael's Day). This is proven by the Operations Reports, which have the beginnings of the outbreak in them. The reports take place a day or two before the game's date.

And for those not in the know, if you check the billboard in the West Office, by the door to the Evidence Room, it'll tell you the date.... something like "Its today's date... September 30th. St. Michael's Day"
Watts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought the biggest part of the outbreak happened about a week or so before the opening of re2
Vixtro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alzaire wrote:
dcw1234 wrote:

Yes, it is a bit far-fetched in general. Now, Claire wanting to get into town to find Chris is somewhat believable sure (especially if she -has- maybe heard strange stuff is going on in RC) The hard part to imagine is that she gets passed military barricades. However Claire probably knows RC a bit from visiting Chris, so I would believe it possible for her to know a back road the military might have missed, so hers is a little plausible. Perhaps she did intentionally dodge the barricades planning to get in no matter what, possibly expecting -something-. She did, afterall, have a knife strapped right to the front of her vest, which would be unusual for a civilian to just be casually strolling around with.

Leon, however, is just a bit silly. If it's his first day on the job, and he has to drive into RC, then he must be close by. While the military is probably not exactly telling everyone what's going on, if he's close enough then he should know something is going on and he would most likely be using the main roads which are supposed to be blocked by the military. Though there can be some arguments as to how Leon got in without knowing anything or being blocked, there are just as good reasons why they aren't very good. The fact is, Leon should have never made it into the city.

As for Annette in 1.5, she was still William's husband and Sherry was still her daughter.

You have to remember though that back then when they wrote the story there were no Military guarding the roads in/out of Raccoon city. It wasn't until the first Outbreak game that we saw it and let's not forget that Capcom has already messed up the continuity of the RE games before with REmake and then again after Outbreak with Zero we finally learned that Birkin's lab was in fact not under Raccoon city like we were led to believe all along but way out in the mountains right near Spencer's mansion. I always thought the lab couldn't be under the city anyway because otherwise a big part of the city would have been destroyed and Jill would have at least felt the explosion of the lab during the events of RE3.
Alzaire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, later games added in more information about the timeline a bit. I chalk it all up to bad planning.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N/A

Last edited by Colvin on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
TheBigBadWolf!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time lurker , first time poster (thanks to dot50cal, as he approved me ^_^)

To clear up a few thing's, Elza was already in the city and at a track/motorcross event that she was apart of. So too the reason why she's still in her motorcross suit and having driven her bike through the police stations gates.

Leon Scott kennedy was also already inside the city. He had a different plot though, as his character was already apart of the police force in Raccoon.

As for kendo , chief iron's etc. the whole of the second game was in fact expected to be a huge deal and finish the overall game series, with perhap's a sub-plot game or side game, etc.

chief iron's wasn't a homicidal maniac, he was supposed to be a normal chief (who may or may not had direct ties with umbrella.).

as for Kendo and Sherry, sherry (as was already stated by another) was the same character, and the Black police officer (name elude's me atm) & Kendo gunshop guy were supporting character's in this great escape from Raccoon.

I have (I think) an old capcom back story of the original intent an script I printed out year's ago. Truly however, I have no idea where it is nor if I still have it.

Also the "Outbreak" game's are pretty close to what would have been the original part 2. Lovem or hatem, they're the what would/could have been, with huge implication's of story arc plus the bigger game as a whole...*sigh* now let your imagination's run wild after a refresher of both Outbreak's , lol.

Many thank's for your interest in this unsung 1.5 game, keep it up and we may in another 10 year's see the game tossed onto the net ! (yippy skippy !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bioflames.com Forum Index -> Biohazard 1.5 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: