Bioflames.com Forum Index Bioflames.com
Biohazard 2 : Prototype Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1.5 Background Reproductions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevstah2004

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.zshare.net/download/18329682ba21ad32/
http://rapidshare.com/files/143254713/ROOM21A_Mod.rar.html
I modded your backgrounds into ROOM21A.BSS can you test it please!
I used the PSX version .BSS and changed the resolution of your remade BG's into 320x240 BMP's "does the pc version use 640x480?" then I converted them to .TIM's with TimViewer and then I converted them into .BS's with MC32 and joined them back together with HJ-Split to make a new ROOM21A.BSS with your BG's replacing the old ones.
VirusPunk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone here know where I can find tutorials on making rooms using Maya 8.5? I find tons of tutorials on making heads, characters, vehicles, weapons, but not environments.
Colvin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even under all that blue, your recreation of the lobby is impressive. Are you using official PSX developer tools to reduce the color to 256 bit?

kevstah2004

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you lowering bit depth use ABitmapEditor by Lemke Innovations it retains better quality than most programs for some odd reason to change it just click Image, Color Depth from the drop down menu.

Example
ABitmapEditor

MSPaint eww
Nemesisagat89

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on setting boundaries yet? I'd love to see a few playable rooms Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could be a way to find out the boundaries for rooms,

i have a theoretical way to find it out, but im not to sure at the moment and i don't have the time to test it/work out at the moment.

my idea:

one could use gl intercept & OGLE. That are tools to monitor and log open gl commands/parameters & routines. In connection with a psx emulator, that is using open gl or at least an open gl plugin. You could then (requiring some common opengl knowledge) look at the things that the emu and the open gl plugin are doing...

i hope someone understands what i mean Smile

kevstah2004 wrote:
http://www.zshare.net/download/18329682ba21ad32/
http://rapidshare.com/files/143254713/ROOM21A_Mod.rar.html
I modded your backgrounds into ROOM21A.BSS can you test it please!
I used the PSX version .BSS and changed the resolution of your remade BG's into 320x240 BMP's "does the pc version use 640x480?" then I converted them to .TIM's with TimViewer and then I converted them into .BS's with MC32 and joined them back together with HJ-Split to make a new ROOM21A.BSS with your BG's replacing the old ones.

i also tried that, but it didn't work. I even filled the bss with zeros, to have the same size etc...

i also tried to take original bg pictures.. and to play with the bs settings that you can change in mvconverter. It turned out that depending on channel, disc speed and other things you change, the output .bs file's size changes...
kevstah2004

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I noticed that too but I couldn't get the file size to match maybe the .BSS is a type of movie file and is stopped at a relevant frame for each angle .AVI to .BSS or something, I dunno.
Have you tried reading a split .BS and locating the offsets for the palette and pixels? like I did earlier with the TIM files with addition help from Enrico try messing about with different values on the last few Bytes before the Zero's begin eg: five rows of FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF and see if it changes the colour of the last few pixels or try and find patterns or large chunks of the same values which will probably be a section of the image with the colour.
Biohazard2D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, i also think that there is much more behind the .bs files that we know..
But even if we get to make 100% "useable" .bs files, i doubt that we will be able to replace a lot of them in a psx RE... There still is the crash-issue when you try to re-insert the files and rebuild the cd...

we should try to concentrate on pc versions of RE...

and that looks like:

RE1 - .pak files - that are lzw compressed 320x240 images
RE2 - .adt - still a mytery and colvin, just like dominion, didn't tell us anything about them
RE3 - .jpg, yeah you actually can change the backgrounds in RE3 for pc, i've done this a few times by myself

btw, i found out a way to get the backgrounds of dino crisis 2 ripped.. but its a lot ore annoying and tricky than it is when you rip the ones of RE 1-3..
kevstah2004

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can change stuff in PS1 games you just have to edit the LBA table.
Here's a guide for doing it with PS2 games, it can probably be adapted for PS1 games though, it's an interesting read nevertheless.
http://www.usaupload.net/d/p1qt81y62hs
TheBigBadWolf!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few idea's on the topic of recreation of various aspect's of the game. Some things that the japanese wouldn't either know or think of that REALLY should have been placed in the game.

First off from what I've read about the kennel area; I'd like to point out that the metal bar's are pretty solid. Think about it. Even assuming the dog's were not feeling pain, do you really think that a 45lbs. animal could bend or simply chew their way out of a half inch thick circular barred cage?? The option's for escape could be-
1- The door's are elctronically locked and as such the power fluctuation's from the grid created a feedback loop until the heat popped the circuit's thus opening the door's.(negated however by a fuse box, I know, but it still happen's in rare instance's)
2- The cop's merely opened the door's then of course any thing else could be pondered (maybe they attacked who opened the door's?)

2nd, The japanese live in a heavy urbanized area (city wise) the street's in the State's however look almost nothing alike. Even small town's have 2 lane street's most with a sidewalk and almost none (even in original settlement cities) have a "no car can drive" road. In short, make the road's so they make sense , to be driven down and area's connecting to other area's obviously having some navigatable reason for being. (some one who made RE3 need's a serious slap in the head for that mish-mash road mess, lol)

3rd, The blue tint. Yes the blue tint argument again. Why oh, why blue? easy, light's are out folk's and the moonlight in real life with the outside street light's(perhap's) would and does give a "greyish halo blue". Question- but why?? Answer- medical fact, human's use 2 spectrum's to see with. Color "Tubes" and black and white "Tubes" so thus when no good amount of color can be seen normally (IE- sun/daylight) the greyish/blue tone's you do pick up in such condition's look somewhat similar(not exact, but it was PS1 not PS3 >;P ).

If I can think of anything else I'll post =)
TheBigBadWolf!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought of a way to judge depth. Use item's from the room and find similar misc. item's in real life. the front gate has a trash can you can look up like 5 similar from Staple's website for example. Just make sure if you are creating that stuff you match up spec's with evveryone else involved.Also, trying matching size with Elza and Leon's height? Have them in a demonstration like sitting down on a bench of chair or curb for comparitive visual's.

Any help? =)
kevstah2004

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the blue tinge as well it's more natural which in turn makes the beaming of light on the shutter and ceiling look better it's look as if the RPD just closed for the night.
greedylicker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alzaire wrote:
I mentioned this on THIA topic about these backgrounds and forgot to here, so I will.

c2keo and I are working together on these backgrounds. We basically have two goals.

The first goal is simply to recreate all known backgrounds of the RPD and Sewers that we have legitimate footage of. This is especially desirable for the images from Inflames collection and various other low quality footage.

The second goal is to create a full set of backgrounds for the -entire- RPD and Sewers for possible future use for the modders if someone beyond Dominion can figure out how to properly use them. Once someone figures it out then everything will be ready to go and won't have to wait on backgrounds to be made and put any strain on c2keo in the future.

Because of the fact that we do not have the maps for the RPD and Sewers and even with Inflames images we are missing footage from many room/hall angles and have none for several rooms (like the Medical and Radio rooms), we can not 100% accurately map the RPD and Sewers. Therefor, we are working to create the most logical and likely maps that we can while including everything we know is legitimate and trying to use as little guesswork as possible. But there -will- be rooms and halls that will be completely designed by me and/or c2keo and may or may not be in 1.5 and if they are, they may not look as we have designed them. The radio room posted by c2keo is his design, the one in 1.5 may look completely different. But we will not know until we obtain the game. Meanwhile, what we can provide will have to do.

Also the latest rooms posted aren't the Media Room, it's the Interrogation rooms.

At the rate we modders are going it wont be long intell we start seeing those backgounds being put to use. Very Happy
Hunk_4TH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! I know this thread is very old. Just thought I'd bump it to see if anyone came up with anything new!
Hunk_4TH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Bump* guess everyone has lost interest in this thread? This place is pretty much just an archive anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bioflames.com Forum Index -> Biohazard 1.5 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: