Bioflames.com Forum Index Bioflames.com
Biohazard 2 : Prototype Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RE 1.5 for RE5?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enigma_632

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: RE 1.5 for RE5? Reply with quote

Just a question that popped into my head.

Well basically options .

Option A : You progress as normal continuing with the current storyline of RE and continue on into RE5 as 'scheduled'.

Option B : You take the current information known of RE5 and go back to 1.5 (the game will be fulliy developed) and never get any more info on RE5 or any RE game after.

What do you do?

I only ask because of the current juicy info surrounding RE5, would you trade all the days and chances to play RE5 and any further games in the series to have 1.5?

I had a dream the other night I had 1.5 and I spread it throughout Bioflames and Dot's site, although initially popular I became the most hated and despised man on the internet, I woke up just I put a gun to my head, I awoke thinking WTF. The dream wasn't clear on why I became so hated and despise.

What do you do?
Join us, brothers and sisters. Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant. Join us as we carry the duty that cannot be forsworn. And should you perish, know that your sacrifice will not be forgotten... and that one day we shall join you.
Darkmoon

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly? I'd take 1.5 and run. I dislike RE4 for not being at all scary. So having the chance for a game I've been dying to play in exchange for a game that looks good and possibly interesting but not scary again seems a good exchange. Especially since it looks a lot like the RE series is going into a trend of, 'less horror, plot and puzzles, more guns and protecting weak little women,'
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SeiyaKou

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definately take the 1.5! For me the RE serie is already DEAD so I don't need any more crap from cRapcom except the REAL RE game which RE 1.5 definately is.

My BioHazard/Betas/RareStuff
Leuchest

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeiyaKou wrote:
I'd definately take the 1.5! For me the RE serie is already DEAD so I don't need any more crap from cRapcom except the REAL RE game which RE 1.5 definately is.

Truer words have never been spoken. The Resident Evil franchise has detracted such a long way from its essence and charm, that quite frankly, I can't believe some of the fans still try to justify Resident Evil 4 and/or Resident Evil 5 (from what we know now, anyway).

I mean, don't get wrong. The gameplay has improved greatly, but it's no longer a survival horror, nor it's about biological weapons. The main antagonist, Umbrella, plays no longer a fundamental role and there's no attempt to innovate the storyline or create a more interesting and intelligent plot. It's just a mass applealing game with no sense of self-identity.

I'd take Biohazard 2 Prototype over Resident Evil 5 and any spawning games from the franchise in a heart-beat. Even if it was only 80% complete and still full of bugs.
Biohazard2D

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would take 1.5 without a doubt..

resident evil is already dead.. RE4 was no resident evil anymore and 5 won't be a real RE too...

So yeah i would rather liek to see a classic old-shool resident evil than a "new" one...

and btw, re 1.5 would give a new storyline that could be continued Wink
even if umbrella is dead...
Gorehound

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i catch biohazard 1.5 and run like a leopard.

biohazard is dead already and i dont buy it.

gorehound
Enigma_632

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorehound, where did you get that shot of Elza? It looks pretty cool.
Join us, brothers and sisters. Join us in the shadows where we stand vigilant. Join us as we carry the duty that cannot be forsworn. And should you perish, know that your sacrifice will not be forgotten... and that one day we shall join you.
Spaceeeee

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd settle for Capcom making a few new adventure/action games like the classic RE or Outbreak. Even if it's not in the same franchise. Or for adventure game makers to get a clue and add a fight system like RE. Wink I loved Still Life, but I would've loved even more having the chance to run and fight in real time when playing it you know.
Enigma_632

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaceeee have you tried obscure 1 & 2? They are done in similar vain to old-school Resident Evil games most notably Code Veronica X.
Gorehound

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enigma_632 wrote:
Gorehound, where did you get that shot of Elza? It looks pretty cool.

from a german magazine you can download it here:
Link to REV

or from marvins website.

Gorehound
Nemesisagat89

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it is this: Games like Resident Evil 4 and 5 are excellent, groundbreaking, and amazing games, but horrible chapters of the series overall (i.e. great games on their own, horrible additions to the series itself).

This being said, although losing RE5 would be a great loss, 1.5 would be a bigger gain for the Resident Evil spirit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaceeeee wrote:
I'd settle for Capcom making a few new adventure/action games like the classic RE or Outbreak. Even if it's not in the same franchise. Or for adventure game makers to get a clue and add a fight system like RE. Wink I loved Still Life, but I would've loved even more having the chance to run and fight in real time when playing it you know.

You and you bloody RE Outbreak, aw bless. Laughing

But to answer your question Engima, it is sort of a tough decision for me because I really hated the way RE4 went (besides gameplay mechanics) and looking at RE5 and the info we know about it, it doesn't sound any better. But deep down part of me thinks that Capcom will some day make another decent RE game with a proper survival horror formula.

Very hard to answer but I am really swaying towards 1.5 as the nostalgic value/information is just too damn overpowering to resist!
Rockman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.5 all the way.
Spaceeeee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Outbreak Outbreak . Because Outbreak Outbreak Outbreak, So therefore 1.5 Outbreak .
Gorehound

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spaceeeee wrote:
I think that Outbreak Outbreak . Because Outbreak Outbreak Outbreak, So therefore 1.5 Outbreak .

what? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bioflames.com Forum Index -> Biohazard 1.5 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: