Bioflames.com Forum Index Bioflames.com
Biohazard 2 : Prototype Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bio Hazard 1.5 in a Japanese Magazine (over 10 years ago) ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
killer7ITA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Bio Hazard 1.5 in a Japanese Magazine (over 10 years ago) ? Reply with quote

Hello i would ask to forum if they know something about this:

http://topicscollector.blog55.fc2.com/blog-entry-1462.html

No.121155 名前: バイオ1.5 : 2008/07/05(土)19:51:43 ID:-
10年前の雑誌にバイオ1.5の体験版が、あったらしい
本当にあるか知らん 他のカプコンのゲームに収録
していると思う
--------------------------------
No.121155 Name: Bio 1.5: 2008/07/05 (Sat) 19:51:43 ID: -
10 years ago in a magazine bio trial version 1.5, has been on
Other games included in Capcom really know whether
I think that

What do you think about that? This is real?
LE COLLECTIONNEUR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since a long time we thought that a Saturn Version could exist.
But since all this time, the communauty could put this hands on it, so...
www.biohazardfrance.net
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Biohazard-France/153137754705887
killer7ITA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LE COLLECTIONNEUR wrote:
Since a long time we thought that a Saturn Version could exist.
But since all this time, the communauty could put this hands on it, so...

So, do you think that this is relative to a possible Saturn version?
I was thinking that the guy is talking about PSX Magazine...
LE COLLECTIONNEUR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, he was talking about a psx version.
But certainly one of video version like this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ZRftqq70M

Because it isn't possible that Capcom has produced a commercial demo version, you know. The psx betas version are more different in the form.
(cd presentation is tagged and so more differences like no number series as SLPS, SLPM etc...) may be he was tallking about preview versions of RE 2 as we know and published back on many psx magazines. But they weren't 1.5.

I always tought (when the years passed) that the better chance to find BH1.5 is certainly in a Sega Saturn format. 'cause fan people forget this title was also developed on this plate form.
www.biohazardfrance.net
Supercesare

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LE COLLECTIONNEUR wrote:

Because it isn't possible that Capcom has produced a commercial demo version, you know. The psx betas version are more different in the form.
(cd presentation is tagged and so more differences like no number series as SLPS, SLPM etc...) may be he was tallking about preview versions of RE 2 as we know and published back on many psx magazines. But they weren't 1.5.

I always tought (when the years passed) that the better chance to find BH1.5 is certainly in a Sega Saturn format. 'cause fan people forget this title was also developed on this plate form.

but i always know that the development of bh 1.5 on sega saturn was only 10-15%.......however we know that 1.5 exist on psx....we must find that right man who sell it to us....(and THAT'S THE POINT!! XD)
killer7ITA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LE COLLECTIONNEUR wrote:

Interesting... Shocked
And that "Try to play" meaning that the version was playable?

You set it like: SLPM 80072 , but when i go looking for that i get this:

http://www.crimson-ceremony.net/lostreleases/redemo/index.php = Resident Evil Trial Edition (but it's in Resident Evil 1 section, not Resident Evil 2!)
Alzaire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be rude, but seriously how anyone can still believe in the possibility that a playable demo of 1.5 was shipped out with magazines and just has never ever been found or confirmed and documented is beyond me...

There is no magazine playable demo of 1.5. There are a few demo discs that came in a few magazines that contains various demos/videos of several games and Biohazard 1.5 is included in a few, however they are all video only. A few of such discs have their games in the menu both the Play Video and Try To Play (or something like that) for each game, but several of the games do not have a playable demo (the Try To Play option does not work) including Biohazard 1.5. And no, it isn't hidden on the demo disc or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but i always know that the development of bh 1.5 on sega saturn was only 10-15%.

We don't have any certitude with this. may be + or may be -

Quote:
however we know that 1.5 exist on psx.

Of course it does exist ! In a Virgin interactive playable beta CD. Not in a commercial version.

Quote:
And that "Try to play" meaning that the version was playable?

No, no. I made an april fool joke, long time ago, with this. This Sony demo disc contains palyable and video versions for the demos. On each menu appears thoses options but only one is available. And here, for RE2, the only option available is the "video demo"

Quote:
You set it like: SLPM 80072

Yes, that's true. I don't understand why two different discs could have the same serial number...

Quote:
but seriously how anyone can still believe in the possibility that a playable demo of 1.5 was shipped out with magazines and just has never ever been found or confirmed and documented is beyond me...

Alzaire is right. With the Internet in 2010, we can be sure about this thing.
www.biohazardfrance.net
killer7ITA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LE COLLECTIONNEUR wrote:

Of course it does exist ! In a Virgin interactive playable beta CD. Not in a commercial version.

Are sure about that? Some screenshots or info?
Thanks.

BTW, i have found this on a website:

Itís nice to see, somebody has replied I thank you.

I never saw inside the package, but the exterior was similar to another limited version released that day, for Sega Saturn. ďDoom Book 1Ē packaged sealed, was a limited special limited edition that contained information on Sega Saturn version. It also contained limited unreleased directorís cut biohazard Sega Saturn disc. This contained a different version when played thatís harder and as different arranged puzzles. This was scraped in April same time as the beta 1.5 Sega Saturn versions; it showed pictures in certain unofficial Sega Saturn magazines. Both Saturn and Playstation versions of Biohazard 2 1.5 were 85% complete, you could customize weapons according to the magazine with the Saturn version. Maybe the Saturn version took advantage of extra memory needed to play for example Saturn games e.g. Marvel versus Street Fighter. The Playstation couldnít handle the ability to switch characters or the extra background detail but the Saturn version could? The playstaton biohazard 2 1.5 may not be playable with a regular Playstation console because of the extra memory used for this game, example the use of a development Sony console a Net Yaroze this contained the extra 4MB RAM needed built-in. The Saturn is also used for; an upgrade or take it out a down grade.

I played this Saturn directorís cut what was release through (manga) Hong Kong comics that was one of the first comics to be released.

This version when I played was different from the regular Japanese import release it misses the Sega copyright and itís copyrighted by Virgin interactive and capcom and Game one. The logo spins differently. The intro features additional scenes that were promised for the playstation version that never appeared. Black & White cut scenes from western and Japanese uncut scenes also scenes I have seen before. Itís just a mystery to me to this day? The game itself contained different costumes similar to the Playstation release but features an alternative design. The game has added scenes to the cut scene that changes the game. If you play as Chris Redfield you go looking for Barry after heíd crashed through the dinning room window in this version. When you go into the dinning room itís different for this Saturn version, there's glass all over floor and a puzzle piece. The first zombie was harder and faster, one bite and your dead.

All I remember about the Biohazard 2 Prototype is that it was labelled Saturn underneath and I even asked the store guy. If itís 85% I am not sure may itís just a short playable demo. Only the treasurers of this game, will know the truth of this matter.

I also can grantee it was not pirated rubbish software, it was legitimate official overseas software from a shop that was licensed to sell imported videogames from the city centre.

-----------------

You probably will not believe me, but I witnessed a Hong Kong release of Biohazard 2 Prototype for Sega Saturn with a stamped label on the front saying ďnone retail purchase, this version is for marketing research onlyĒ. It was packaged with a special box, similar to artwork shown on bio flames. I didnít play it I just glanced over, it had a white label coated with red/black writing on the left-hand side, showing that theirs a packaged 1MB ram cartridge inside. It looked very nice; it was probably the 85% completed version. All I can say it was sold with a lot of Hong Kong manhue (manga) comics for resident evil 1 & 2 alongside the Japanese Saturn release within July 1997.

What do you think?
Gorehound

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killer7ITA wrote:
LE COLLECTIONNEUR wrote:

Thanks.

all developers send a preview periodically(not always but often) to their publishers because they need feedback. The same with the leaked re2 beta version with limited debug menu functions. the version was for internal or special authorized testers only, like friends or family

//edit wich website was it?
killer7ITA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorehound wrote:
killer7ITA wrote:
LE COLLECTIONNEUR wrote:

Thanks.

all developers send a preview periodically(not always but often) to their publishers because they need feedback. The same with the leaked re2 beta version with limited debug menu functions. the version was for internal or special authorized testers only, like friends or family

//edit wich website was it?

Yeah, i know, but i never heard about this "virgin" edition. Interesting.

Here's the website: http://forums.hidden-palace.org/viewtopic.php?p=7911&sid=9d1f7b5c2681d4af9eb710c13a456881
LE COLLECTIONNEUR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virgin Interactive was the editor for Capcom in Europe before Capcom Eurosoft exist. All materials distributed to press media before 1999 was estampilled by Virgin. After that Eidos was the editor for Capcom and RE 3.
Virgin Interactive died in 2001 or 2002, can't remember.
www.biohazardfrance.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bioflames.com Forum Index -> Biohazard 1.5 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: