Bioflames.com Forum Index Bioflames.com
Biohazard 2 : Prototype Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unused, Unheard, and Alternate dialogue of Resident Evil 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OKei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Unused, Unheard, and Alternate dialogue of Resident Evil 2 Reply with quote

Just the other week, I was in a Resident Evil 2 mood, and I got into the whole RE2 "history" again (Hell, I just did a Claire A/Leon B run of Resident Evil 2 - N64 Version, that I'm gonna upload as well soon). So out of curiosity, I decided to check out the known early versions of the final Resident Evil 2 to explore if there were anything "beta"-ish in them. I first checked out the BIOHAZARD 2 Trial Disc, which was produced on 7/30/1997 according to the disc files (which was about 6 months before the game was released, mind you). My curiosity led me to discover some unused and unheard voice tracks from the final game!

Since, at first, I didn't find a topic about this on The Horror Is Alive, Google, YouTube or even here, I decided to make a video about this, and upload it on YouTube for all to see or in this case, hear.

The video is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L6nQLwTBD8

Inside the XA Voice Directory, the most interesting discoveries found inside the BIOHAZARD 2 Trial Disc, were the unknown screams and the unheard conversation between Leon and Marvin, the black police officer who gets killed off early in RE2 Final.

I figured that if I was gonna investigate the Trial Disc, I might as well search inside the BETA 2 Prototype too. However -- probably because of BETA 2 being produced closer to the game's final release date (BETA 2 = 10/31/1997; Final Japanese Release = 1/30/98) I didn't find dialogue that was as interesting as the Trial, expect some lines from Ada, and Leon. For the sake of content in the video, I added that unheard Ben (the reporter in the prison cell) line "Agh... son of a...".

And that was all I found, unfortunately. Not a lot of content, but at least it's something. I just learned that this particular content is featured at SurvivHor, the holy website for things RE pre-release. So it may be old news to some but damn it, I didn't know and no one mentioned it before.
LE COLLECTIONNEUR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

already known for those are interesting by beta materials, you know ! Wink
But it's nice to see the magic effect produced on ones who discovering this now ! Smile
www.biohazardfrance.net
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Biohazard-France/153137754705887
-Rusty-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The conversation between Leon and Marvin is new to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bioflames.com Forum Index -> Biohazard 1.5 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: