Bioflames.com Forum Index Bioflames.com
Biohazard 2 : Prototype Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do we need another petition?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vixtro

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alzaire wrote:
Many people think goromacida was Curator, but there's no way to know now and Curator claims it wasn't him. Curator denies owning it and will not respond to e-mails about 1.5. There's no point in even considering that avenue, honestly.

Out of the 5 version eras of 1.5, there are 2 confirmed builds that have surfaced at least once. The images from this site and Inflames' collection are from the final beta, which is roughly 80% complete. The one reviewed by Playstation Museum is a little earlier build, probably around 60% complete. There is no completed game, it was never finished.

I don't see why you're continually pursuing these questions. I'm still not trying to be mean, but I said in a previous post there's nothing you can do about it. Your enthusiasm is admired, but it is unfortunate that 1.5 is never going to be officially released in any form (not on PSN or Live or anything), and it's going to take someone who owns it to officially sell it behind closed doors to the right person. There's really nothing else to know, and I'll be honest, even if we did know certain information (such as e-mail addresses for confirmed sources), we wouldn't give them out, especially publicly. 1.5 is too sensitive to not be careful with information.

Yes, another fiasco like the Curator incident wouldn't be good for the community although that one was unavoidable as it was open to the public via the Playstation Museum site/forums.

It does seem harsh keeping the community out of the loop of what's going on if a discovery is made but at the end of the day if it's the best chance the public will have of seeing 1.5 released then we should not be complaining.
Alzaire

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly Vix, we potentially lost a lot of information with the Curator incident, if not possibly lost a good chance of the game itself in the future. At this point after that, even if Curator's source would be willing to sell it or give it up, I doubt he'd be generous about it with the BH community when it could be privately sold to a non-community collector who'd not release it. Last time I talked to him, he said he still gets a lot of random e-mails about 1.5 still including threats and accusations and as long as that continues he won't repopulate the 1.5 page on his site (he removed several images and the entire review) and no new stuff. The sad thing is I suspect a lot of the threatening messages and stuff he's getting (and got during the incident) are probably from trolls who actually don't want to see the community get the game. There are people who would do that, for sure.

And yeah, I agree that it's harsh to not share information about leads to the community directly, but when you think about it, it isn't surprising. We do confirm there are copies out there and that we've had a couple chances, but it's best not to talk about these things in detail even after failure. You never know if an old contact or source could pop back up with another chance.

Be assured though that we are always digging around. There may be a small lead atm, but it's probably not going to turn into anything unless we get amazingly lucky with a certain detail.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alzaire, why don't you want to share with us any information ?
please tell me what was the Curator incident exactly ?

Last edited by ashkan on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Vixtro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashkan wrote:
Hey Alzaire, why you don't want to share with us any information ?

We already explained why.

ashkan wrote:
please tell me what was the Curator incident exactly ?

Read this: http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2912
Alzaire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Vix said, I've already explained why several times.

What do you want? Me to say X, Y, and Z all have 1.5 for sure and x@a.com, y@b.com, and z@c.com are their e-mail addresses, have fun pestering them and begging for 1.5 or information on your own after we've already exhausted those possibilities? No, I'm not giving out that kind of information.

Any other information technical game-wise, I'd be happy to answer questions and discuss to the best of my knowledge.

And the Curator incident is in the link Vix posted. Updates to the incident would be that there is no exact evidence that Curator was the person who bought the disc out from under us for $300. But it is very coincidental that merely a couple weeks after a failed legitimate offer fell through that Curator posts his personal review on his website. Not long after that we get a trolling youtube account with brand new video of someone playing it, then a nasty e-bay auction for the game with a couple new images from the TV screen playing 1.5.

Dot50 linked it all to Curator, and I admit it all makes sense considering the short timeframe it all happened. But I talked to the Curator a lot and I am personally unsure whether he has the disc or not. He claims he doesn't though.

I don't recommend searching out and e-mailing Curator though. It won't do any good, he won't give out any information and since he says he does not own the disc, he won't take any offers for it. And obviously he will not disclose his source.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, well I have a question that has nothing to do with Curator.

How were the background music tracks ripped from the beta? Were the SFX also successfully ripped? I've seen fan videos using pristine, full-length copies of the BH1.5 background music.

Also, and this is just a thought, could we make three-dimensional versions of BC's maps (or whoever's maps are most accurate and up to date)? I think this would give new viewers a better idea of the game's layout. Or are we lacking too much information regarding furniture and other props to warrant a three-dimensional rendition?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How were the background music tracks ripped from the beta? Were the SFX also successfully ripped? I've seen fan videos using pristine, full-length copies of the BH1.5 background music.

I believe these were found still lingering on the Trial verson of RE2 that came with RE Directors Cut.
Alzaire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemesisagat89 wrote:
Alright, well I have a question that has nothing to do with Curator.

Also, and this is just a thought, could we make three-dimensional versions of BC's maps (or whoever's maps are most accurate and up to date)? I think this would give new viewers a better idea of the game's layout. Or are we lacking too much information regarding furniture and other props to warrant a three-dimensional rendition?

There's only a couple of music tracks that survived from 1.5 to retail 2, and they were used in retail 2 somewhere in the games. I don't know what tool was used to rip the audio, but I figure that's not a difficult thing to do. Other than that, I think the rest of the audio available is probably cleaned up and edited versions that were taken off the 1.5 videos.

We'd have to find someone who could do good enough 3d work to make 3d maps. The pros of this idea is it would be very awesome to have a full easy-to-understand 3d map as opposed to line-maps with screenshots posted all over it with pointers. The cons of this is the fact the only areas we can consistently and 99% factually map out are the areas where we have the background images (basically the Umbrella factory and labs). As someone who has, and still is, constantly trying to piece together the RPD and sewer maps as closely accurate as I can imagine them with the available material, I don't think a 3d map of anything beyond about 75% of the 1st floor would be feasible. There are too many unknown/unseen areas, rooms, and hallways to connect anything else. BC's RPD and sewer map is way too innaccurate and incomplete to work with.

However, when Dot50 and I eventually get to the THIA 1.5 section (which may finally be sooner rather than later, though still a ways away, since he's got someone to help him and motivate him get stuff done), we have a plan to work with some maps and images in ways that should make it easier for people to understand.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good Alzaire, thanks for the info and update.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resident Evil 4 :
Moreover, the trial version of the Gamecube version was hacked, revealing the names of many rooms of the various betas and really cool items like the Optical Camo and the Infrared Goggles. It seems that the programmers were still making changes to the game until the very end of development. Knowing Capcom, maybe even the setting of the last chapter of Umbrella Chronicles is lifted from the scrapped zombie version of Resident Evil 4.

Spoiler Alert !
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles Chapters :

Main Chapters

Train Derailment: Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen (Resident Evil Zero)

The Mansion Incident: Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield (Resident Evil Remake)

Raccoon's Destruction: Jill Valentine and Carlos Oliveira (Resident Evil 3)

Umbrella's End! Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield (Resident Evil 3.5)

Sub Chapters

Beginnings: Albert Wesker (Resident Evil Zero)

Dark Legacy: Albert Wesker (Resident Evil Remake)

Death's Door: Injured Ada Wong (Resident Evil 2)

Fourth Survivor: HUNK (Resident Evil 2)

Nightmare: Rebecca Chambers and Richard Aiken (Resident Evil Remake)

Rebirth: Unknown (Resident Evil Remake? Lisa Trevor as Boss)
Gorehound

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashkan wrote:

Resident Evil 3.5 with Leon and no information exist if jill and chris was included.
ashkan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorehound wrote:
ashkan wrote:

Resident Evil 3.5 with Leon and no information exist if jill and chris was included.

I know Resident Evil 3.5 character was Leon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bioflames.com Forum Index -> Biohazard 1.5 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: