Bioflames.com Forum Index Bioflames.com
Biohazard 2 : Prototype Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1.5 on Wikipedia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemesisagat89

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: 1.5 on Wikipedia Reply with quote

While reading the main Wikipedia article on Resident Evil 2, I noticed that the author reduced the 1.5 Beta to a mere paragraph with only a few pieces of general information, with no individual RE1.5 article to speak of. Given how much information we've acquired concerning the beta, isn't it time that 1.5 had its own Wikipedia page? I'd think Inflames, Alzaire, or Dot50Cal would be the most reliable authors, especially since the latter two have been working on the new THIA section project. The reason I think this might be a good idea is for a more extended range of exposure to the more casual Resident Evil fans, and even those who are die-hard fans but know not of, or little of, the 1.5 Beta.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. You know how many ACTUAL Resident Evil fans don't even know what 1.5 is? It's almost sad. Even when I was in college, and I talked to my friends about Resident Evil, they didn't even know that 1.5 was the real RE2. It kinda bothers me, because Capcom had to be so slick, and do what they did. When you show people a picture of the GamePro article, with Leon running through the jail cells, and Elza on top of the RPD roof, they go "Oooh, that looks so familiar now." So, yes, I agree, we need to make 1.5 more known. A Wikipedia article would be another great way to accomplish this.
SeiyaKou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a great ide BUT remember how Inflames reacted about "spreading a word" aobut BF after the flood of "Where can I download 1.5?" etc posts? I think that the true fans will eventually find their way here (or to the 1.5 section on THIA) sooner or later. I mean we're all here and noone but our curioasity led us here. From the other side, I would want to let know ALL RE fans out there about the game so we would have millions beging for RE 1.5 in any form and maybe just MAYBE cRAPCOM would decide to release IT as they would make $ out of it Confused !

My BioHazard/Betas/RareStuff
Enrico Marini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to see more info on there but it would just start the whole "I can haz beetaz?!" again.
Rockman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"omg! i remembr now.. Its eliza!! y did they take her out?" <----- Noob statement. Razz
biohazard_star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can always put a big fat "WE DON'T HAVE IT" notice on top of the forum. I say someone do it. Razz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biohazard_star wrote:
Well, you can always put a big fat "WE DON'T HAVE IT" notice on top of the forum. I say someone do it. Razz

Knowing how stupid people can be, I bet you they ask anyway. Razz
Alzaire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockman wrote:
biohazard_star wrote:

Knowing how stupid people can be, I bet you they ask anyway. Razz

Incoming Private Message

"Hello Dot50Cal/Alzaire. You can trust me to keep it secret, but do you guys actually have 1.5 and just don't want people to know? Please let me know. -- MutantNoob" We'd still get these for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instat ban if they ask? Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MutantNoob???? LOL Laughing Laughing
Nemesisagat89

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do understand Inflame's sentiment about "spreading the word = I c@n h4z b3taZzzz??!!!1", however this community has been getting a fair share of that anyway, as Alzaire so comically pointed out.

I figure that a broad-reaching Wikipedia article wouldn't necessarily be meant to stop these questions and demands, but rather redirect them: away from us and towards Capcom.

If they find themselves with millions of RE fans holding signs outside of their company buildings reading "omg 1.5 beta release it nao!!!" Capcom could rethink the beta's value to the consumer market.

Granted the aforementioned scenario is a reach, it's still one step towards that possibility.

*note: Consider how much popularity YouTube alone has brought to the beta*

No great amount of effort here, just take what we have and duplicate it on a vastly more popular site.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if it isn't already, you'd need to mention 1.5, and put a link to it, in the RE2 article. I'd put it at the beginning of the article, just because I think 1.5 should have been the sequel we got. But that's just me.
Vixtro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockman wrote:
Also, if it isn't already, you'd need to mention 1.5, and put a link to it, in the RE2 article. I'd put it at the beginning of the article, just because I think 1.5 should have been the sequel we got. But that's just me.

When it comes to the whole "should we have gotten 1.5 instead" thing I like to think that it's better that we got the RE2 we did because now we (will eventually) have 2 versions of RE2.

But still there's always the story to think about and just how different it would have been if 1.5 was the final RE2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bioflames.com Forum Index -> Biohazard 1.5 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: